2020 Video Marketing Statistics
We eat, sleep, and breath videos. They have become an inseparable part of our lives and a valuable tool for our business promotion. People watch a LOT of videos, share them with friends and family, and use them to learn new things.
Types of videos can range from cute animals, funny jokes, education, to promotion and story telling. This gives a real opportunity for businesses to spread the word about their brand and services.
Check out these video marketing statistics for information about how videos perform across different platforms and devices, who uses videos, who watches them, what impact they have on conversion rates, and how videos can improve your marketing campaigns.
Benefits of Video Content
- 70% of businesses say that videos boost brand awareness.
- 51% of businesses agree that videos increase traffic.
- Videos help businesses get 66% more qualified leads.
- 44% of people are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
- 85% of people say that videos help them connect with brands more effectively.
- 85% of businesses use video in marketing.
- 88% of businesses that use video report a positive ROI.
38% use video advertisements
Types of Videos
- Explainers are the most common types of marketing videos. 62% of businesses use explainer videos. 82% of B2B businesses use explainer videos.
- 46% use logo animations in their videos.
- 38% use video advertisements.
- 33% create demo videos.
- Promotional videos receive the least engagement online. 44% of businesses say informative videos perform the best, while 37% find entertaining videos to be the most effective.
- 80% of major brands use stories on social media.
- 43% of users enjoy watching live stories, 30% watch live events, 27% — webinars.
- Consumers say video ads are #1 way they discover new brands to buy from.
- 94% of people watch explainer videos to understand a product or service better.
- 58% of B2B businesses use logo animations in their videos.
- 93% of millennial watch how-to videos on YouTube.
Videos on Social Media
- 81% of users say they prefer videos on social media over other content types. Images come next, with 68% preference, and text posts come third (31%).
- 75% of people are more likely to follow a brand’s social media page if it has video content.
- 74% of businesses say that videos receive the most engagement on social media.
- 56% of businesses post up to 5 videos to social media every month, 30% post more.
- 90% of people watch videos on YouTube, 51% watch videos on Facebook, 38% on Instagram.
- On Facebook, native videos receive up to 8x higher engagement than those shared from YouTube.
- Posting previews increases viewership by around 300% on IGTV.
*infographic and statistics courtesy of renderforest.com
Bee Digital Marketing, LLC
Ashlee is a Web Designer & Digital Marketer in Pennsylvania. She has over 15 years of professional experience in the Tech Industry.
Find her on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.